As The British Osteopathic Association we have, for the last ten years since its current incarnation, acted as the defender of the profession, representing individual members in difficulty, and the whole profession in policy meetings with government and health bodies.
We’ve fought for fair and reasonable treatment for osteopaths facing professional disciplinary action, and lobbied for equal access by patients to osteopathic care. We’ve strived to provide practical advice and guidance across a wide range of clinical and business issues, and offer fit for purpose services like insurance and eRecords to help make osteopaths’ lives a little easier.
And we will continue to do so as The Institute of Osteopathy.
Our new Mission
In July 2013, the Council of the BOA approved a new Strategic Plan, as a result of the discussions we had held with a broad range of osteopaths. This new plan marks a significant change in purpose and direction for us. Our Mission – our purpose as an organisation – has always been to support and protect the profession. Our new mission statement is:
The iO’s purpose is to support, unite, promote and develop the osteopathic profession, for the improvement of UK health and patient care
This new definition of our role for members and the profession forms the core for all the strategies and member services we offer now, and will offer in the future.
Helping to unite the profession through working with the Osteopathic Development Group (ODG) and other key osteopathic bodies within and beyond the UK will make us collectively stronger.
Promoting osteopaths and what we can do as expert health professionals will help to clarify the real benefits of osteopathy, and the superb care that osteopaths provide on a daily basis to patients. We plan to direct our promotional efforts to the public, to fellow health professions, and to government, to raise real awareness and genuine understanding.
Developing the profession means making us stronger in terms of community, culture, clinical and service standards, and care of patients. Our work with the ODG, and increasingly with regional societies and other smaller working groups of osteopaths will form the basis for consultation and collaboration in the future.
And of course there is the panoply of services that protect, support and advise iO members daily.
- Multi-Therapy Professional Indemnity and Public & Product Liability Insurance with £10 million cover (£5 million for first year graduates) tailored to the needs of osteopaths. The iO policy, developed over fourteen years’ of experience, offers permanent run off cover for osteopaths even after the policy term has lapsed – a key benefit which we believe will be required of all policies in the future.
We are also pleased that our case management outcomes – where we support osteopaths who are subject to patient complaints and investigation by the Regulator – has an outstanding track record, the best in the UK.
We also offer a Mediation Service for members, which will seek to mediate between a patient and an iO member in case of a complaint. This often delivers an equitable solution for patients and osteopaths without the need to refer the issue to the regulator.
- The iO Council, Executive and staff are here to help and advise you whatever the problem. We will fight your corner through complaints and disciplinary hearings – we are your friend in time of need.
- The iO Resources aids in the continued learning and safe practice of members as well as information on issues affecting osteopathic practice.
- Continued Professional Development courses and workshops which are quality assured and recommended.
- iO Annual Convention and Trade Exhibition – workshops, seminars and discussions surrounding current issues facing the osteopathic industry that contributes to members CPD hours.
- Providing advice and assistance in Employment Law – including the supply of model contracts of employment, disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Health and Safety Law advice and assistance.
- Health and safety policy and risk assessment advice and assistance.
- Classified Adverts- iO members can advertise on our site free of charge, and your advert will be displayed for four weeks (unless you ask us to remove it sooner). Non members can pay to place place adverts by calling us on 01582 488455.
- Business Development Handbook – a definitive handbook which applies the best commercial practice to the needs of osteopathic practice. It has been compiled using the expertise of business coach, James Butler, and of former BOA Chief Executive Michael Watson.
- iO Osteopathic Employment Opportunities – a scheme that helps place job seekers within the industry and aid providers in finding staff.
- Reduced cost Worldpay credit/debit card facility - please call the office on 01582 488455 for further details.
- Medical buying consortium – exclusive discounts on many practice services and products through Caradoc, a medical buying consortium.
- Osteopathy Today– a news and practice journal produced by the iO with news, articles and letters for you to keep up to date on changes and developments in osteopathic and business issues, with six issues per year.
- COSSET Confidential Osteopathic Support for Emotional Trauma makes available experienced osteopaths at the end of a telephone line during out of office hours to listen to your problems.
- Benefits and special offers for members such as the first two months’ premiums free on Income Protection Insurance (from Dentists’ & General Citadel).
- 24-hour legal helpline for professional legal advice on any problem, business or personal.
- Practice details are set up in the ‘Find an Osteopath’ function section of this website with email and web links including using members own text and graphics.
- The opportunity to advertise in the Yellow Pages iO Corporate Box. Please call 0808 100 7890 for further details.
- Acupuncture Licensing in London – we have negotiated an exemption for iO members needing an acupuncture licence in London
To find out more about any of these services, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 01582-488 455.